General Outline of the 7th SIMC is available in 8 languages
The 7th Sendai International Music Competition
(abbreviated as SIMC)
|Piano Section||Saturday, May 25, 2019 – Sunday, June 9, 2019|
|Violin Section||Saturday, June 15, 2019 – Sunday, June 30, 2019|
|Venue||Hitachi Systems Hall Sendai (Sendai City Youth Cultural Center)
3-27-5, Asahigaoka, Aoba-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi Pref., Japan Venue
|Organizers||Sendai International Music Competition Organizing Committee
City of Sendai
Sendai Cultural Foundation
|Eligibility||It is open to candidates of all nationalities born on or after January 1, 1991.|
|Application Period||The application package is accepted from June 14, 2018 through November 14, 2018 (Application by post must be postmarked no later than November 14, 2018. Online application must be completed by November 14, 2018, 12 o’clock midnight (Japan time)).
|Entry fee||JPY10,000 (=USD89*)|
|Repertoire||Focusing on concertos in the selection of repertoire. Piano Section Violin Section|
|Application Method||Application documents and video data or DVD containing the Applicant’s performance of the repertoire pieces must be submitted.|
|Competition Structure||The Competition consists of Preliminary, Semifinal and Final Rounds. A Pre-Selection based on documents as well as on video data or DVD will be held to decide which Applicants qualify for the Competition.|
|Travel Expense Grants||The Secretariat shall provide the grants as follows to Contestants who live outside of Japan to help them pay for round trip transportation to Sendai:
[Asia] JPY50,000 (=USD446*) [Other] JPY100,000 (=USD893*)
|If the Contestant uses the accommodation of the Secretariat’s choice from the day of registration until the day specified, the organizers shall pay the accommodation expenses (one single room basic room charge and breakfast) for the Contestant for the duration of his or her stay. All other expenses shall be borne by the Contestant.
* Homestay program operated by the citizen volunteers may also be available for the Contestants not advancing to next Round.
|EBISAWA Bin, Honorary Professor, Shobi University|
|Jury Chairpersons||[Piano Section] NOJIMA Minoru / [Violin Section] HORIGOME Yuzuko|
|Others||Performance opportunities such as mini-concerts during the Competition period, after completion of the Contestants’ last Round|
|Contact||Secretariat of Sendai International Music Competition
3-27-5, Asahigaoka, Aoba-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi Pref., 981-0904, Japan
Phone: (+81) 22-727-1872 / Fax: (+81) 22-727-1873 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Calculated based on the exchange rate of 10 Jan. 2018 (USD1=JPY112)
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Agency for Cultural Affairs
- Miyagi Prefectural Government
- Japan Federation of Musicians
- Japanese Society for Rights of Authors Composers and Publishers (JASRAC)
- Japan Piano Teachers Association
- The Piano Teachers’ National Association of Japan(PTNA)
- JAPANESE STRING TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
- Nippon Music Foundation
- THE MAINICHI NEWSPAPERS
- Asahi Shimbun Sendai General Bureau
- THE YOMIURI SHIMBUN Tohoku Bureau
- NIKKEI Sendai Bureau
- THE SANKEI SHIMBUN Tohoku Bureau
- KAHOKU SHIMPO PUBLISHING CO.
- Jiji Press Sendai Regional Office
- Kyodo News Sendai Regional Office
- NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) Sendai Station
- TOHOKU BROADCASTING CO. LTD.
- Sendai Television Incorporated
- MIYAGI Television Broadcasting Co. Ltd.
- Higashi Nippon Broadcasting CO. Ltd.
- FM Sendai
- ONGAKU NO TOMO SHA CORP.